Chuck,

The program is functioning as written. The O spec has a Detail line, and has no indicators on that line, so it will output each time. Since there are no other fields on that record besides RCDOUT, you are getting a blank line, because RCDOUT only appears on the line when LR is on.

If you always want an output line for each input, then remove the LR indicator on the field RCDOUT and also remove the SETON LR calculation line. In a simple file copy program, you would want all input to be copied to output, so let RPG manage LR for you. Because S36INP is defined as a Primary file, RPG will turn on LR when all records have been read from S36INP. I would also remove the "XX" from the input spec and replace it with a indicator. Then condition the O spec with that indictor.

Like this:

FS36INP IP F 55 DISK
FS36OUT O F 55 DISK A
E ARRY 1 3 8
I* .1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+.
IS36INP 01
I 1 55 RCDINP
C MOVE ARRY,2 ARRY,3
C MOVE RCDINP RCDOUT 55