Thanks, I know how to color a cell if I know it needs colored. Scott's samples are always helpful.

In this case I have a calculation that may or may not need the cell changed. The latest version of HSSFR4 on ScottKlement.com does not have these wrapped. Understandably, Scott is and was a busy programmer. He provided us with a nice port of a tool, but only the parts he needed. Which makes perfect sense. He had a job and could not be expected to spend time converting things the company did not need.

Yes, I am using Scott's POI project. It has helped me build several spreadsheets so far. If I need to output a file, we have something for that. This gets used when I need program to get the data in the correct format for the user.

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Magne Kofoed
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2016 3:19 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: hssf poi conditional formatting.

There is a sample program colordemo in Scott Klement's open src POI project.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__scottklement.com_poi_&d=CwICAg&c=S6jE3hMA0s16gx2_CUBBn4vjc1odLunI6MSvd_AfdV8&r=Ub_YbVSedaHB7-0yGANN94iTrfkU2nCKT1D5-5Jv01Y&m=JT4bFCEs2xdeQQAa525oWReuJMXFbG4JGctnC9wefAg&s=nW57A35PQGnwyqE-HtgZ05525BwRHBm9eEU4lfEr0VM&e=

Does anyone have sample of using conditional formatting in RPG when
building a spreadsheet using HSSF POI? I am trying to work thru a java
sample and converting it to RPGLE using RDI java method call prototype
creator, but it is a slow painful process so far. I thought I would
check to see if any already created this particular wheel.

I have a sheet with calculations. If the value is negative make it red
and bold. Sounds easy I thought.
Thanks for any help.
--
This is the RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
nI6MSvd_AfdV8&r=Ub_YbVSedaHB7-0yGANN94iTrfkU2nCKT1D5-5Jv01Y&m=JT4bFCEs

questions.