On 05-May-2016 15:44 -0500, Hayes, Daniel wrote:
On Thursday, May 05, 2016 3:13 PM Jeff Crosby wrote:
On 05-May-2016 13:53 -0500, Hayes, Daniel wrote:>>>
<<SNIP>>
I have an RPG Subfile program that runs a Sequel SQL view, which
works fine. When active it displays on the bottom of the page in
the left hand section Query running. . This is fine when the
query is running, but it never goes away. I even rebuild and
redisplay the subfile, but that stinking little message just
stays there harassing my users, and me. <<SNIP>>

Could you throw a blank status message down there to overwrite it
with blanks?

Sounds like a possibility, how would one accomplish from within RPG?

If indeed the message is a status message sent by\from the SEQUEL feature and sent to the External Program Messages Queue (*EXT), then either of:

Call as a bound procedure, a CLLE module previously created from the following source:

sndpgmmsg *n cpf9897 qcpfmsg ' ' +
tomsgq(*topgmq) topgmq(*ext) msgtype(*status)

Or code an effective equivalent invocation of the above CL command request, within the [OPM or ILE] RPG application, but using a program-call to invoke the Send Program Message (QMHSNDPM) API:
[http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_i5_54/apis/QMHSNDPM.htm]