I'm not sure about the LikeDS - I had 2 DS' that I pulled the data area contents into - I think having a separate Dim'd array would mean more code to move the data around, maybe?

Here's the code - it does work OK -

DCL-F dspf workstn indDS(dspfindds);

dcl-ds dtaara1 dtaara('DTAARA') qualified inz;
fld01 zoned(2 : 0);
fld02 zoned(2 : 0);
...;
end-ds;

dcl-ds dtaara2 dtaara('DTAARA') qualified inz;
fld01 zoned(2 : 0);
fld02 zoned(2 : 0);
...;
end-ds;

dcl-ds rcd1AllDs likerec(RECORD1 : *all);

dcl-ds dspfindds;
exit_03 ind pos(3);
cancel_12 ind pos(12);
error_changed_50 ind pos(50);
success_updated_51 ind pos(51);
end-ds;

// Get formatting limits
in(e) dtaara1;

if %error();
clear dtaara1;
endif;

// Prepare to display limits on screen
eval-corr rcd1AllDs = dtaara1;

// Display the limits
exfmt RECORD1 rcd1AllDs;

// Check whether exit or cancel
dow not exit_03 and not cancel_12;

// Get out if user chose to leave or no changes entered
if exit_03 or cancel_12 or (rcd1AllDs = dtaara1);
leave;

else;
// Get formatting limits and lock this time
in(e) *lock dtaara2;

if %error();
clear dtaara2;
endif;

// No changes made by another user
if dtaara2 = dtaara1;
eval-corr dtaara2 = rcd1AllDs;
out dtaara2;
success_updated_51 = *on;

else;
eval-corr rcd1AllDs = dtaara2;
error_changed_50 = *on;
endif;

unlock dtaara2;

// Get formatting limits again for equality test
in(e) dtaara1;

if %error();
clear dtaara1;
endif;