Hi Booth,

I agree with Charles.

If your application permits doing so (don't have enough information to tell
if it is possible), consider eliminating the 1000 row data structure and
cursor entirely.

1000 rows implies a batch program is likely involved.

If your program is taking data from one set of tables and writing it into
another set of tables, consider doing something like this, for each output
table:

insert into MY_OUTPUT_TABLE ( [ list of columns ] ) select [ list of
columns ] from MY_INPUT_TABLE join [ as needed ]

If possible, your program will be a lot simpler and run a lot faster.

UPDATEs, DELETEs, and MERGEs can be structured to process entire SETs in a
single statement as well.

Mike

from: Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Embedded SQL: appending a subsequent fetch to a host
variable data structure

Why not just fetch all 1000 at once?

c/exec sql
c+ fetch myCursor for 1000 rows