Tim,

You could try the EXCCLPDM utility that I wrote back in 2006 (you can
download the code at
http://www2.systeminetwork.com/code/index.cfm?fuseaction=ShowAllIssueCode&IssueYear=2006&IssueMonth=07)
to run FNDSTRPDM without needing to write a separate CL to handle errors.

The article is at
http://iprodeveloper.com/rpg-programming/generic-pdm-user-defined-option -
I've attached a copy here, in case you don't have membership. If you can't
even download the code, let me know and I can try to get that also.

Who knows, you might find it useful for other stuff as well :)

Rory