<Michael>
I run DSPSRVPGM NEONOVAAPI DETAIL(*MODULE) and see that WRTSOMEMOS is there (?).
</Michael>

<Buck>
If the H-spec has a BNDDIR(TFSORDERS), and that *BNDDIR has *MODULE
WRTSOMEMOS in it, this will happen.
</Buck>

If NEONOVAAPI doesn't reference anything, exported by WRTSOMEMOS, it won't. Modules and SRVPGMS are only bound, if some unresolved references could be found in the module/SRVPGM.
The problems with binding directories come up, if your import names are not unique over all the system (using the same name for binding diffrent procedures), or if your exports are not unique over all the system (binding the same procedure once by copy and in other cases by reference). As you don't see if a binding directory has changed for a recompile, it could happen, that you are binding the wrong module, or binding happens to change from copy to reference or vice versa. I don't like this and so I specify it all with the create command. To make my compiles reproducable, I embed the commands in the source and use a precompiler to pull the command out of the source and execute it. The precompiler is homegrown and I made it open Source (available at my Homepage), other open source versions are out there too.

Specifying modules to bind and SRVPGMS to bind at compiletime with the create command, in Michaels case CRTSRVPG NEONOVAAPI would fail, because of unresolved references.

D*B