From: Steinmetz, Paul [mailto:PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 8:44 AM
To: 'rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx' <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: **FREE & SQL0010 on comments

Justin,

There were multiple PTFs for this, besides the TR.
Are you current on all PTFs.

For V7R1
You can apply PTF SI58136 to get the RPG enhancement. If you're using embedded SQL, you should also get the DB2 group PTF SF99701 level 38. Here is the page that lists the necessary PTFs for 7.1 and 7.2: https://ibm.biz/rpgcafe_fullyfree_rpg

Below is the update from development:

The only relationships between TR11 and the compiler change is that the compiler change was announced as part of the Technology Refresh, and that the compiler change will GA at the same time as TR 11. TR11 does not physically contain the changes for the RPG compiler. So even if TR11 is applied, it will not provide the compiler support. When the compiler support is available, it will not even be necessary to have TR 11 applied.

This FAQ about Technology Refresh, http://m.ibm.com/http/www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/i/planning/techrefresh/faqs.html, explains that there are actually two PTFs: a Technology Refresh PTF (MF99nnn) and a Technology Refresh Group PTF (SF99707, Level nn). MF99011 is available now, but SF99707 Level 11 is not available yet.

Note this question in the FAQ which covers the situation for the RPG compiler change.

Q: Does the Technology Refresh PTF Group, the Technology Refresh Resave, or the Technology Refresh PTF contain all of the function and support announced at the time of the Technology Refresh.
A: No. Other function may GA at the same time as the Technology Refresh and may be delivered separately.

Paul