I believe that System.exit is supposed to terminate the current Java Virtual Machine and should be coded for in the application.

I'm not sure how it exactly works on the IBM i (One JVM for a job) but I've seen the same message. I've removed the System.exit calls in the apps that I've used unless it's for an error condition.

The more common way to end the program is to reach the end of the main method.

Mitch