Hey,all.

I'm helping out a customer to update some of their CGIDEV2 programs but
running into an issue.

I created a binding directory and included it in the H spec of the program:

H DFTACTGRP(*NO) BNDDIR('MYBNDDIR')

Inside this binding directory are only two service programs, CGISRVPGM2
using *LIBL for the library and one other service program that contains
local subprocedures we use.

When I use CRTBNDRPG on the program I get:

CPD5D03 Diagnostic 30 10/23/15 11:22:02.550437 QBNBIND
QSYS *STMT QBNBIND QSYS
From module . . . . . . . . :
QBNBREST
From procedure . . . . . . :
QBNBREST__CheckSymbolPreference
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 55

To module . . . . . . . . . :
QBNBREST
To procedure . . . . . . . :
QBNBREST__AddStrongDefToResTree
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 5

Message . . . . : Definition
supplied multiple times for symbol 'ADDMSG'.
Cause . . . . . : Definition ADDMSG
was found to be exported from both
*SRVPGM object CGISRVPGM2 in library
*LIBL and *SRVPGM object CGISRVPGM2 in
library CGIDEV2. Recovery . . . :
Try the Create Program (CRTPGM) or
Create Service Program (CRTSRVPGM)
command again, supplying only one of
these objects, or try the CRTPGM or
CRTSRVPGM command again, specifying one
or both of OPTION(*DUPVAR) and
OPTION(*DUPPROC).

Now, I've familiar with this error but what is confusing is that it's
saying it's finding multiple definitions for all the CGIDEV2 procedures in
*LIBL (yes, it should) and CGIDEV2 (nope, it shouldn't... CGIDEV2 isn't in
the library list).

If I remove the reference to CGISRVPGM2 in the binding directory it works
fine.

How the heck is it just going to library CGIDEV2 to find this service
program when it's not even in the library list? I am wondering if there
isn't a command default or something that they did to make compiling easier
in the past.

This is a V7R1 machine.