I know that I'm very confused about this whole situation.

I can see that they've set up forums here:
http://www.myitforum.com/forums/iPro-Developer-f229.aspx

However, the iprodeveloper.com home page still links to the old forums (which do not work) so I don't know if they meant for people to use these new ones?

For the years that I worked with them (up until 2012), I can tell you that the staff pretty much left the forums to run by themselves. They did not read them, and left it up to me and others to report that there were problems, etc. But, about a year after I resigned (so fall 2013) they stopped all printed media, then there were mass layoffs, and they decided not to publish any new content anymore, and just do web-based training classes. At first they said they'd take the forums down, then they said they'd keep them up... (my theory is that they noticed that half of the hits to the site were to the forums, and this was generating significant ad sales with almost no work on their part, so they decided to keep them up -- but this is just a theory.) Now they've been down again for a month or so... you'd think if they indended them to stay down, they'd change the links on their home page... but, who knows?

I have no idea what's going on, it's all very confusing. Personally, I've pretty much "moved" to code400.com. (As well as here, of course)