it.

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. <
mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I need a solution that does not require the cursor to be in the second
subfile. SFLCSRRRN returns 0 if the cursor is not in the subfile. In fact,
the times when I don't know where to position that second subfile are
exclusively times when the cursor is outside the subfile.

Mark Murphy
STAR BASE Consulting, Inc.
mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: -----
To: "RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)" <
rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/01/2015 06:16PM
Subject: Re: Finding the top record in second subfile on a 5250 display

Is SFLCSRRRN(&FieldName) always current with the most recent location of
the cursor on each subfile? Whenever that field is > 0, use it to
update the field SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR).

Something like this:

SFLCSRRRN(&SF1PICKED)
SF1PICKED 5S 0H
SF1TOP 4S 0H SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR *TOP)

(not tested, high likelihood for typos.)