Deleted records with reuse deleted set to yes?

----- Original Message -----
From: Blake.Moorcroft@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Blake.Moorcroft@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 10:55 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Writing to Arrival Sequence file - not working properly

Hello all...

I'm wondering if anyone has ever run into this problem before.

While writing to a file with no index defined, so it is in arrival
sequence, after a number of records are written, it appears that the
program then begins writing to the beginning of the file, as if the
relative record # has been adjusted.

Ex: Normal record write

Record 1
Record 2
Record 3
Record 4
Record 5
Record 6

New flow:

Record 5
Record 6
Record 1
Record 2
Record 3
Record 4

No changes to the program or file have been made within the last three
years. There have been no recent PTF changes or OS updates. The
procedure has been working without issue for a number of years but the
last attempt to run it now reveals this situation. I've verified in debug
the point at which the process starts to jump ship but there are no error
messages or even warning messages.

Any idea what this might be?

Have a good day.

Blake Moorcroft
Analyst/Programmer - Corporate
Farrow
2001 Huron Church Road, PO Box 333, Windsor, Ontario N9A 2L6
Bus: 519-966-3003 ext. 566
blake.moorcroft@xxxxxxxxxx