I am currently creating a program using Scott's JDBCR4 program to retrieve unprocessed records from a db2 database on an AIX box. I am using SQL statements to retrieve the records and then I'm processing them in our legacy system using RPG and updating files on the iSeries. To do this I am looping thru the db2 database and that is working.

What I need to do at the end of the select is update the record selected with a status of "Processed" or "Error". I am not quite sure how to do this. I know there is a select for update SQL command but can that be used with the JDBC4?

Pseudo Code

1 Select unprocessed record from db2 database.

2 Process record on iSeries.

3 Update status on record from db2 database.

4 Go to step 1.

Any ideas you have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Becky