From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 9:48 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: RE: Packed decimal interpitation issue

It really would take some serious looking.
Starting with the obvious: Are you querying the base table or some view/index/logical with select/omit rows specified?
What is the value of your "where" clause? Is it selecting by the column in error?

Keep in mind that
*..
402
01D
is not an invalid number. It is negative 40012. I proved that with my SQL example. It is not -1249 in any way, shape, or form.
Perhaps you "think" it's blowing up on this column but it's really blowing up on some other.

One would really have to pour over the joblog and everything else.

Rob Berendt
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E