Von: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Justin Taylor
Gesendet: Montag, 30. März 2015 16:00
An: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Betreff: RE: RPG String Compare - Bug or not?

Here's the original sample code:
string1 = 'abc';
string2 = 'abc ';

if (string1 = string2);
// Error: Trailing blanks must not be ignored when
// comparing varying fields.
dsply 'trailing blanks must not be ignored!'; else;
// that is correct
endif;

I've been doing .NET for 10+ years, and it operates "correctly" per the sample above. I've never had occasion to actually want this behavior, so every single condition has to be (string1.trim <> string2.trim). I'm glad not to have to go thru that with RPGLE.