Brad -

1) Perhaps you missed the first line of my original post:
The system is running on IBM i V7.1

2) I also indicated that I need the /actual/ spooled file name (“WINGNUT”)
created when the printer file was opened with the
OVRPRTF FILE(QSYSPRT) SPLFNAME(WINGNUT) in effect,
not the name referenced internally.

3) Results obtained when using the INFDS as defined below:
FIIFIL = ‘QSYSPRT’
FIFILE = ‘QSYSPRT’
FISPNO = 0007

JDE copy book for the INFDS.
(Original JDE RPG/400 code which was run through CVTRPGSRC).

D* 00001
D* This member contains the structure of the file information
D* data structure (INFDS). This data structure may be defined
D* for any file in your RPG program by specifying an INFDS
D* continuation record for the file description specification
D* of the desired file. You will have to specify the desired
D* data structure name both in the file description specification
D* and the data structure specification.
D*
D* Portions of this data structure are loaded at the time the
D* file is opened, other portions of this data structure are
D* loaded as you perform I/O on the file.
D*
D DSXXX DS
D* Internal program file name
D FIIFIL 1 8
D* Open indication (1=OPEN)
D FIOPEN 9 9
D* End Of File indication (1=End of file)
D FIEOF 10 10
D* Status code (09999=I/O Error)
D FISTAT 11 15 0
D* Operation code
D FIOPCD 16 21
D* Name of RPG routine exception/error occured
D FIROUT 22 29
D* RPG source statement sequence number
D FISEQN 30 37
D* User-Specified reason for error on *SPECIAL file
D FIRESN 38 42 0
D* Recore format being processed (External file)
D* Record ID (Left justified for internal file)
D FIFRMT 38 45
D* Machine OR CPF message number
D FIEXNO 46 52
D* Machine instruction/Object definition template number
D FIMI 53 56
D* UNUSED
D FIFLR1 57 80
D* Open data path type (DS-Device DB-Data Base SP-Spool)
D FIODP 81 82
D* Name of file actually opened
D FIFILE 83 92
D* Name of library containing file (Blank if spool file)
D FILIBR 93 102
D* Name of spooled file (set only on spool files)
D FISPNM 103 112
D* Name of library where spooled file is located
D FISPLB 113 122
D* Spooled file number (set only on spool files)
D FISPNO 123 124B 0
D* Primary record length (bytes transferred at a time)
D FIPRCL 125 126B 0
D* Secondary record length (bytes transferred at a time)
D FISRCL 127 128B 0
D* Member Name:
D* . If ODP type is DB, this entry is the
D* member name in file named in position
D* 83 through 92.
D* . If ODP type is SP, this entry is the
D* member name in the file named in
D* positions 103 through 112.
D*
D FIMBR 129 138
D* Input buffer length (zero if no buffer allocated)
D FIIBLN 139 142B 0
D* Output buffer length (zero if no buffer allocated)
D FIOBLN 143 146B 0
D* Device Class (supplied only if ODP type is DS or SP)
D* 1 = Display
D* 2 = Printer
D* 3 = Card
D* 4 = Diskette
D* 5 = Tape
D FIDVCL 147 148B 0
D* Diskette location(value from 1 to 23 = slot location)
D FIDKLC 149 151
D* Number of rows on display screen or lines on a page
D FIVDRW 152 153B 0
D* Number of columns on display screen or printed line
D FIVDCM 154 155B 0
D* Number of records in file at time of open
D FIRCNT 156 159B 0
D* Access type (only supplied if ODP type is DB)
D* KU = Keyed, Unique
D* KF = Keyed, FIFO W/Duplicate keys
D* KI = Keyed, LIFO W/Duplicate keys
D* AR = Arrival sequence
D FIACTY 160 161
D* Duplicate key indication (D=Allowed U=Not allowed)
D FIDUPK 162 162
D* Source file indication (Y=Source file)
D FISRCI 163 163
D* User file control block parameters in effect
D FIFCBP 164 173
D* User file control block overrides in effect
D FIFCBO 174 183
D* Offset to volume label fields of open feedback
D* (Supplied only for tape or diskette)
D FIOVLF 184 185B 0
D* Number of records to be transferred on file open
D FIRTFO 186 187B 0
D* Overflow line number (printer files only)
D FIOFLN 188 189B 0
D* UNUSED
D FIFLR2 190 240
D* Offset to device dependent feedback information
D* (See Appendix D of the CPF Programmer's Guide for
D* layout of feedback information for specific
D* devices)
D FIODFB 241 242B 0
D* Put operation count
D FIPUTC 243 246B 0
D* Get operation count
D FIGETC 247 250B 0
D* PutGet operation count
D FIPGC 251 254B 0
D* Non-I/O operation count (update of subfile records)
D FINIOC 255 258B 0
D* Current operation (Last operation requested)
D* X'01' = Get
D* X'02' = Get W/Subfile record number
D* X'03' = Get by key
D* X'05' = Put
D* X'06' = PutGet
D* X'07' = Update
D* X'08' = Delete
D* X'09' = Force End of Data
D* X'0D' = Release
D FICOPR 259 260
D* Name of record format just processed:
D* . Specified on the I/O request, or
D* . Determined by default processing
D FICFMT 261 270
D* Device Class
D* Position 271
D* X'00' = Data Base
D* X'01' = Keyboard display
D* X'02' = Printer
D* X'03' = Card
D* X'04' = Diskette
D* X'05' = Tape
D* Position 272 (If position 271 contains X'00')
D* X'00' = Nonkeyed file
D* X'01' = Keyed file
D* Position 272 (If position 271 not X'00')
D* X'00' = 5250 Display station, 960 characters
D* X'01' = System console, 1024 characters
D* X'02' = 5256 Printer
D* X'03' = 5211/3262 Printer
D* X'04' = MFCU
D* X'05' = 3411/3410 Tape
D* X'06' = 72M Diskette
D* X'07' = 5250 Display station, 1920 characters
D* X'08' = Spooled
D FIDCLS 271 272
D* Device name (Last completed operation)
D FIDNAM 273 282
D* Length of last I/O record processed
D FILIOL 283 286B 0
D* Routing data information
D FIRDTA 287 366
D* Current line number within a printer page
D FICLNO 367 368B 0
D* AID character indication:
D* X'F1' = Enter/Rec Adv
D* X'F5' = Roll up
D* X'F4' = Roll down
D* X'F6' = Print
D* X'F8' = Home
D* X'BD' = Clear
D* X'F3' = Help
D* X'3F' = Auto Enter
D* X'31' = Command KEY 01
D* X'32' = Command Key 02
D* X'33' = Command Key 03
D* X'34' = Command Key 04
D* X'35' = Command Key 05
D* X'36' = Command Key 06
D* X'37' = Command Key 07
D* X'38' = Command Key 08
D* X'39' = Command Key 09
D* X'3A' = Command Key 10
D* X'3B' = Command Key 11
D* X'3C' = Command Key 12
D* X'B1' = Command Key 13
D* X'B2' = Command Key 14
D* X'B3' = Command Key 15
D* X'B4' = Command Key 16
D* X'B5' = Command Key 17
D* X'B6' = Command Key 18
D* X'B7' = Command Key 19
D* X'B8' = Command Key 20
D* X'B9' = Command Key 21
D* X'BA' = Command Key 22
D* X'BB' = Command Key 23
D* X'BC' = Command Key 24
D FIAID 369 369
D* Cursor line in hex (display files only)
D FICURL 370 370
D* Cursor position in hex (display files only)
D FICURP 371 371
D* Note: By simply defining a 2 byte binary field
D* and moving the cursor line/position field
D* into it right justified you will have the
D* numerical value of the line/position field.
D* Remember the binary field must be set to
D* zero prior to the move.
D*
D* Number of records transmitted
D FIRTRM 371 372B 0
D* UNUSED
D FIFLR4 373 375
D* RRN of last subfile record written/updated
D FISRRN 376 377B 0
D* RRN of first subfile record on display
D FISRCN 378 379B 0
D* UNUSED
D FIFLR5 378 396
D* RRN of data base record
D FIRRN 397 400B 0
D* Data base file key
D FIRKEY 401 528

Bradley Stone wrote:

Can you let us know what OS version you are running and show us your
declaration of the INFDS and spooled file number you're using?

Brad
www.bvstools.com