Bill,

Sorry I've been away from the list for a few days. What you're trying to
do should work. There are a couple things that've bit me or coworkers when
we've tried this.

1) You say you're "...moving the field value that goes along with
SFLCSRRRN to the SFLRCDNBR field and updating the subfile." Do you mean
you're updating the individual subfile record or rewriting the subfile
control record with the new SFLRCDNBR value? You need to rewrite (i.e.,
update) the control record. You do not need an input capable field. You do
not need to do a DSPATR(PC).
2) A prior DSPATR(PC) can mis-position the cursor. One common problem is
to leave the indicator for DSPATR(PC) turned on and update the individual
subfile record before updating the control record. That or defining PC on
another field in the subfile record without any indicator.

Those are the big ones. Have you got this working yet?

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way International
www.TheWay.org

"RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 03/13/2015 09:59:09
AM:
----- Message from Bill Howie <blhowie66@xxxxxxxxx> on Fri, 13 Mar
2015 09:29:08 -0400 -----

"RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)"
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Positioning cursor on a subfile record

Hello all,

I'm having the darndest time getting this to work. I have a subfile
that
has several fields. The first is an output field. Our program logic
dictates that if the cursor is on a particular line in the subfile (at
this
output field) and F1 is pressed, logic occurs to do things with that
specific record. That all works fine. In some cases the user hitting
F1
on a particular record is an error. I'm generating an error message
that
displays at the bottom of the screen and THAT all works fine. I'd like
position the cursor on the subfile row that the user hit F1 on in this
situation but no matter what I try it doesn't seem to work. I've got
the
subfile set up with the SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR) keyword and also the
SFLCSRRRN()
keyword and I'm moving the field value that goes along with SFLCSRRRN to
the SFLRCDNBR field and updating the subfile. STILL doesn't work. Does
it have to do with the fact that it's an output field I'm trying to
position it on? Because I've made it an input field and that's not
working either. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Bill