Better be careful throwing around "enterprise-level" terminology. Sure,
there are packages out there which are priced at the "enterprise-level."
But management could make the same argument for not getting RDi. The point
has been made that there are vendors who charge a reasonable per seat
license for their CMS tools. It's all about the mindset that you're
willing to pay for a little tooling to increase productivity. A properly
implemented CMS won't require reworking your workflow and learning a bunch
of concepts many IBM i developers aren't familiar with--especially when
you need to add infrastructure to host your git server, etc. (Does anyone
have a port to run git on IBM i?)

Plus tools like git won't help you build service programs, binding
directories, etc.--nor keep all references in sync.

"RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 01/14/2015 03:21:41
PM:
----- Message from John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx> on Wed,
14 Jan 2015 15:21:32 -0500 -----

"RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)"
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: ILE make tools

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>