Hey Bob,

I use my own compile preprocessor, details of which are at
http://iprodeveloper.com/development/using-compile-preprocessor.

This allows you to use normal CRT* commands (CRTxxxMOD, CRTxxxPGM, CRTPGM,
CRTSRVPGM etc.), either from the command line or from PDM or from WDSc (or
your IDE of choice) and it will make use of comment lines in the source
member(s) to do all the creation of required 'super'-objects. For instance,
you can compile a module using CRTxxxMOD and it will automatically compile
the module and recreate any service programs which it is part of. It has a
command interface like COMPILE and MAKE called PREPROC, but because it
integrates directly with the existing IBM CRT* commands, you can install it
and then make no changes to your own procedures, so it can be used in
conjunction with any existing CMS.

It's also free :)

I know there are a bunch of people out there using it, but I don't know if
many of them are active in these forums.

Rory