Hi,

Happy new year to you.
I am looking for a solution to log users off the IBM i system (interactive
jobs only) after a certain amount of IDLE time.

Would love to hear from you if you have done any custom programming to
auto-log off users.

I understand there is a User Profile setting to set a max idle time for a
user & kill the job if it exceeds this.
But I do not like to use that.

My solution would fire off a job scheduler every 30 minutes. And look at
all interactive jobs running. For each job, I like to look at the Call
Stack & check the program that is currently active.

The goal is to kill a job where the user is just sitting on a menu &
NOT kill jobs where user is sitting on a maintenance program possibly has
un-finished updates.

I will be ignoring programs from Call Stack that begin with Q or out of
library QSYS.

I would also like to give more idle time for users sitting on a particular
program.
Lets say user is idle on Program A & I will give this program 12 hours
before i kill it.
Lets say user is idle on Program B & I will give this program 90 minutes
before i kill it.

Appreciate any tips you can give.

----
Regards,