Hi all

The real problem is not the technology layer since every DB can be
converted into XML or any other format.

The real problem is in the bilateral agreements where you have convert
proprietary data from one system to another – just think about shoe-sizes
where you need BL to convert between European and US sizes - nobody wants
to walk around in a US size 45 ;-)

This is where SQL generated XML ‘goes offline’ since it will require
intermediate in house files that reflects the send data.

This is however not an SQL/XML problem, it has been there since the first
EDI formats (EDIfact/X12) was developed – mapping of data isn’t as simple
as it seems!

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>