In this case I did not define the field in D-specs.

Cheers
Vern

On 10/28/2014 2:48 PM, Barbara Morris wrote:
On 2014-10-25 10:50, Vernon Hamberg wrote:

My main issue is that the RPG reference says that in an i-spec, if the
type is blank and decimals are specified, that it is zoned - now I
understand that this gets converted to packed.

So if you have this

myfile ns 01
1 3 0fld1

then fld1 is zoned - but RDi 9.1 reports that it is packed 5,0 - it
should be zoned 3,0 - I do see that the compile listing says it is
packed 3,0 - NOT 5,0

fld1 is zoned(3,0) in the input buffer.

The program field, the actual "fld1" in your program that you can use in calculations etc, will still be (3,0), but it might be packed, zoned, binary, or integer. The specific internal format depends on whether (or how) you code the field in D specs.