On 18-Oct-2014 05:33 -0500, Jan Grove Vejlstrup wrote:
If I submit the call to msgspts

Apparently then, the following request was made?:

SBMJOB CMD(CALL MSGSPTS)

, the OS tells me, that the job ended normally. I see nothing
except the start-message and end-message in the system log.
Accordingly I don't find a spooled file as joblog in the OUTQ
QEZJOBLOG. But the submitted job ended abnormally with an
*escape-message. So why does the OS tell me, that it ended normally?

The job would have ended abnormally [only] if the final error for the request processor had exceeded the End Severity (ENDSEV) specification for the job; i.e. completed with CPF1164 having End Code 20. I recall the ENDSEV() value must come from the Job Description (JOBD), for lack of the ENDSEV parameter on the Submit Job (SBMJOB) command.

No matter. Just force the joblog to be created for the job, having specified the appropriate parameters to effect that; the necessary parameters across the *JOBD and\or the SBMJOB command request. The following request, presuming the QBATCH *JOBD has the expected ENDSEV(30) and the subsystem routing for the allocated\specified Job Queue are the defaults, should ensure a joblog is produced:

SBMJOB CMD(CALL MSGSPTS) LOG(4 0 *SECLVL) OUTQ(QEZJOBLOG) SPLFACN(*KEEP) JOBD(QGPL/QBATCH) JOBQ(QGPL/QBATCH) RTGDTA(QCMDB) JOB(MSGSPTStst) USER(*CURRENT)

After the job completes, the job from the above request, issue the following request; the QPJOBLOG produced for the job should be listed:

WRKJOB JOB(MSGSPTSTST) OPTION(*SPLF)

If review of that spooled joblog listing does not reveal the issue, or otherwise if the effects as implied by the messaging logged in that joblog are not understood, then post the *entirety* of the spooled joblog so others can review and explain.