Carsten,

If I understand correctly:
- Program ABC calls _INVP to obtain its own invocation pointer
- Program ABC calls a routine in a service program, passing its own
invocation pointer as a parameter
- The routine then calls QMHSNDPM, passing the invocation pointer as the
call stack entry and *PGMBDY as call stack entry qualification

Earlier I described another method:
- Program ABC calls a routine in a service program, passing its own name
(from the PSDS) as a parameter
- The routine then calls QMHSNDPM, passing the name as call stack entry

The difference seems to be that your method will send the messages to
(program entry procedure) _QRNP_PEP_ABC, while my method will send it to
(main procedure) ABC. What would be the advantage of your method over my
method?

Joep Beckeringh

"Flensburg, Carsten" <Flensburg@xxxxxxxxxx>

16-10-2014 15:11

RE: QMHSNDPM in serviceprogram

Joep,

The idea is to have the service program "caller" obtain its own
invocation pointer, and then pass that invocation pointer to the
service program calling the QMHSNDPM API. You will still have to
provide the call stack counter on that API call, but that will be
the value relative to the call level identified by the invocation
pointer, not the service program. This enables you to use the
*PGMBDY special value as the call stack entry qualifier, as if the
QMHSNDPM API call had been performed by the service program caller
itself.

Cheers,
Carsten