Jan Grove (or should that be just Jan?),

You send the message to the call stack entry three levels up. What
probably happens that in you batch job that call stack entry does not
exist, so QMHSNDPM sends an escape message to your routine, which you
automatically handle by specifying an error data structure.

So the question is, why do you use call stack entry '*' with call stack
count 3? I would use *CTLBDY and 1; that sends the message to the program
that called your routine.

Joep Beckeringh

Jan Grove Vejlstrup <jgv@xxxxxxxx>

14-10-2014 11:04

QMHSNDPM in serviceprogram

Hello

I use QMHSNDPM in a serviceprogram to generate an escape-message. The
subprocedure is:

P MSG_reportError...
P B EXPORT
D PI
D p0Msg 256a varying const
D options(*varsize:*nopass:*omit)

D my_errno s 10I 0 based(p_my_errno)

D MsgKey S 4A
D MsgID s 7A
D MsgDta s 256a varying

/free

if %parms>=1 and %addr(p0Msg)<>*null;
MsgId = 'CPF9897';
MsgDta = p0Msg;
else;
p_my_errno = sys_errno();
MsgID = 'CPE' + %editc( %dec(my_errno:4:0) : 'X' );
%len(MsgDta) = 0;
endif;

QMHSNDPM( MsgID
: 'QCPFMSG *LIBL'
: MsgDta
: %len(MsgDta)
: '*ESCAPE'
: '*'
: 3
: MsgKey
: dsEC
);

/end-free
P MSG_reportError...
P E

I have a little testprogram that makes an unlink of a file, that doesn't

exist. This results in error CPE3025. I call MSG-reportError without
parameter. If this is an interactive job, the testprogram ends and the
messagetext corresponding to CPE3025 is shown, just that I want.

If I submit the testprogram, this program just stops without any message

or joblog in QEZJOBLOG. In the systemlog I see only the start and the
end of the testprogram. I want the submitted job to get in MSGW with a
message, that something went wrong.

How can I change my subprocedure so that both goals are achieved?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards

Jan

--
This is the RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)