On 03-Sep-2014 08:50 -0500, RPGLIST wrote:
<<SNIP>> we made a change to the program so I'm wondering if that is
the reason debug is ignoring the execution....

Probably. FWiW:

Likely a WRKJOB OPTION(*PGMSTK) of the job being serviced would have shown the active Data Queue program being in the QRPLOBJ library [instead of in the application library]; i.e. the DtaQ-program active in the serviced job was not the program against which Start Debug (STRDBG) was performed, and the processing within the job was not effecting a return-from and then reactivation of the DtaQ-program by name [such that if there had been a new invocation of the DtaQ-program, that must have been by address].

I'll stop the job and re run it.

If the above were the case [the serviced job running a copy of the program that was placed in QRPLOBJ by REPLACE(*YES) processing], then a new job would activate the newly compiled program [unlike the old job that was running the old\replaced program], so a new STRSRVJOB and then a new STRDBG against the new\recompiled DtaQ-program should be successful.