Scott,

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate that.

The issue I am having is three /COPY lines in one SQLRPGLE source member. Two are together, and seem to be column dependent; the other one is in a different section of my D specs, and it is not column dependent.

The two that are together compile fine with the first /COPY beginning in column 7, and the following /COPY is beginning in column 9. When I move the first /COPY and have both begin in column 9, the compile fails because the compiler is not recognizing the data structure definition in the first /COPY

I am using the *NONE option for the RPGPPOPT parameter.

Here are code snippets.

This compiles:

dcl-s #_wrt_dl like(#_inserts);

/copy qrpglecpy,arrwoprm
/copy qrpglecpy,$dspsds

d ds_dtl_132a ds
d dta_glnam# 11A
d dta_blnk_01 3A inz(*blanks)

This does not compile:

dcl-s #_wrt_dl like(#_inserts);

/copy qrpglecpy,arrwoprm
/copy qrpglecpy,$dspsds

d ds_dtl_132a ds
d dta_glnam# 11A
d dta_blnk_01 3A inz(*blanks)

Both of the copybooks contain fixed format code, and both are data structures. There is a third copybook in this program's D specs (prototypes) that contains a mix of fixed format and free format, and no matter what column the /COPY is placed in, it compiles.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,

Doug