On 19-Jul-2014 13:24 -0500, James Newman, CDP wrote:
I used STRSQL and F13 to change the date format. It now displays the
date as it should. Is there a way to change that so I don't have to
change it every time I use SQL? <<SNIP>>

SQL session attributes that have been modified by the F13=Services are maintained [persist] for the existence of that session. A session is re-used until explicitly deleted [or the session gets implicitly deleted; e.g. due to an error with the ability of the STRSQL feature to restart with that saved session]. For any new session established with the Start Interactive SQL [Session] (STRSQL) command, the DATFMT() parameter, coded with the desired Date Format specification can be included on the request; the specified [or defaulted] value for the Date Format (DATFMT) parameter will be established in the attributes that are presented [and optionally can be modified] via the F13=Services from within the active interactive SQL session. Note: attempts to specify a session attribute as a parameter specification on the STRSQL command will be ignored when an existing session is selected, instead of a new session being created; the condition of reattaching to an existing session is diagnosed upon startup of the utility, with a msg SQL6335 "STRSQL parameters were ignored."
<http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201002/msg00703.html>