I have a situation here where files from a third party vendor contain
field names identical to one of my own files. The third party files are
each varying, where as those in my files were created fixed length. That
of course produces a compile error. I have over ridden(renamed) the
fields in my files by way of the I specs; thusly:
// ISPECS
IRim0003
I DocID DocID_3
I Title Title_3
I Folder1 Folder1_3

My question is this: Is there any way to accomplish this same end without
resorting to fixed column I specs? These stand out like a sore thumb in
an otherwise totally free-form program.

Gary B Evans
Computer Programmer
National American Insurance Company