this capability has more to do with lining up with things like SQL Server, which can have names like this.

JMHO
Vern

On 6/10/2014 1:23 PM, John Rusling wrote:
Rory,

I just had to try it. <g>

Yep - when I run this

crtpf file(qtemp/"a.b.c") rcdlen(1)

wrkobjpdm shows -

Object Type Attribute Text
"a.b.c" *FILE PF-DTA

Then when I run this

runqry () qtemp/"a.b.c"

I get this

....+..
"a.b.c"
******** End of report ********

Never heard of this before. (and, cant think of when I'd need it)

John