I see no input-capable fields in the subfile; the DSPATR(PR) line ensures that. The DSPATR(PC) doesn't trump PR, does it? Acombination like N33/ 33 might fix things right up? Maybe add an ND to the PR, as a visual signal to the user?

On 6/6/2014 2:26 PM, Jeff Young wrote:
Booth,
>From the DDS Reference Manual:
If CURSOR is specified, the cursor is placed in the subfile record whose
relative record number is identified by the contents of this field. The
cursor is positioned at the first input-capable field in the subfile
record. If there is no input-capable field, the cursor is positioned at the
first output-only or constant field. For example, if a page can contain
three records, and nine records are contained in the subfile, a SFLRCDNBR
field value of 8 causes records 7, 8, and 9 to be displayed. If CURSOR is
specified, the cursor appears in record 8.

Based on this, my code should be working.
I think I am missing something.
Perhaps due to the subfile being in a window?

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As I understand the keyword. the only thing that happens is that the
subfile page containing record 4 will be displayed. Adding "*TOP" will put
record 4 at the top. With *TOP, the record will be at the top and the
cursor will be where you want it

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS4QVT_8.5.1/
com.ibm.etools.iseries.langref2.doc/rzakc/rzakcmstdfsfrnm.htm?lang=en

Another choice to put the cursor on record 4, would be to condition the
FOUTPUT field's two DSPATR indicators with an indicator. One line Nnn and
the other just nn.

On 6/6/2014 1:25 PM, Jeff Young wrote:

All,
I have a display file that contains a subfile that is displayed in a
window
(DDS is at http://code.midrange.com/32d6876eb6.html)

I load the subfile with 4 records.
In my program, I do a Write on the FRTCMD record and EXFMT on FRTCTL.
I set the value of FRT_BEGIN to 4 and display the subfile. The cursor
remains on record 1.

JEY01C Write FrtCmd
JEY01C Exfmt FrtCtl

What am I missing here?

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst

--
Booth Martin
www.martinvt.com

Happiness is having a scratch for every itch. -- Ogden Nash