OK, thanks.

I'll give that a go next week.

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Henrik Rützou
Sent: 06 June 2014 16:18
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: Emails with Japanese text

Sean,

the CGIDEV2 buffer is SBCS EBCDIC - there is no way to write DBCS EBCDIC data into it because all procedures has SBCS interfaces.

You can however cheat it to think that strings converted to UTF-8 is SBCS EBCDIC.

As I wrote - this is tricky!

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 5:08 PM, McGovern, Sean <Sean.McGovern@xxxxxxxxxxxx>