From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Shaw
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:53 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: RE: What do you call the new freeform RPG?

Paul's RPG/Free had a macro expansion capability that could be used to provide a form of free format for non-calc specs. Took some thought, though.

FLEX/Edit for DOS and OS/2 was based on a commercial programming editor of the day, I can't remember which one. It supported RPG II, III, and the /free precompiler; maybe COBOL, too. Flex/Edit for Windows came later, was based on the CodeWright editor