From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Luis Rodriguez
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2014 7:54 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System, i
Subject: RE: Debugging a UDF on V6.1

Walter,

When you define an UDF as DETERMINISTIC DB2 can "Cache" both, your input parameters and your results, so the next time the function is called the results are returned without having to execute the function's code.

This works for things like iDate, math functions, etc., where for any given input there is an only and invariant output.

HTH,

Luis Rodriguez

Sent from my Nexus 7 tablet. Please excuse my brevity.