Walter, give me a call and I will walk you through it. 801-505-2707

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Walter Bellisio <wbellisio@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Hi Vernon,

We're on V6.1. I'm attempting to debug the iDate UDF that Alan Campin has
so kindly shared. I'm just running a simple select statement from a
STRSQL. I've attempted these two scenarios:

I've tried it with BREAK as follows:

- Session 1: STRSRVJOB JOB(123456/MYUSERID/SESSION2)
- Session 1: STRDBG UPDPROD(*YES) SRVPGM(QGPL/XVIDAT)
- Session 1: BREAK on the first statement of each procedure in both
modules XVIDAT_M01 and XVIDAT_M02.
- Session 2: STRSQL
- Session 2: select idate(someDateField) from someTable

Dates are shown edited, but none of the breakpoints occur.

I also tried it with SBREAK as Alan had suggested as follows and also no
luck:

- Session 1: STRDBG UPDPROD(*YES) SRVPGM(QGPL/XVIDAT)
- Session 1: "sbreak LINE# user MYUSERID" on the first statement of each
procedure in both modules XVIDAT_M01 and XVIDAT_M02.
- Session 2: STRSQL
- Session 2: select idate(someDateField) from someTable

Alan states: " It will break on your previous statement and tell you the
STRSRVJOB command to use on another session. Then issue STRDBG in that
session."

It did not break. I also tried substituting sbreak LINE# user MYUSERID in
the first scenario, and no luck.

Walter