The opening and next post of this thread seem not to have been received via NNTP. Hopefully the above correction to the subject line appears in the archives as it would in NNTP threading... and along with that, the following information may assist someone in the future.

Anyhow the error was in symptom keyword string format: msgMCH4227 RC22; per lack of a joblog, the context of the error with regard to messaging is not available, and the description of the scenario [also] does not include the request [message] being made; the subject said "program call", but the "resolution" would imply possibly a "procedure call" from a service program. Apparently, per the description of "resolved", the error was manifest when the system was trying to re-translate the referenced down-level IBM service program... but the joblog was not given, so that is not obvious, if in fact that was the case.

As Jon suggests in another reply, copying IBM code to a user library is generally inappropriate [and often unsupported]. Yet like all /changes/ to a system [i.e. customizations], when doing so is supported and\or functional, one must remember also to implement proper System Change Management, to ensure that the same copy\change activity is repeated again after every upgrade and after any maintenance that might have replaced\updated that copied code. Unlike user code for which the system intends the code to remain functional on a later release than where the code was compiled, the IBM code often does not effect that same support for itself; i.e. unless explicitly designed to enable /skip-ship/ support, IBM code is expected to be replaced by an install\upgrade, to match the current release that is installed. Down-level IBM code is necessarily expected to fail re-translation.

Regards, Chuck