Problem resolved. Here's the issue. I had an old copy of QHTTPSVR/QZHBCGI
in a user library. The QHTTPSVR version of QZHBCGI had this:

Conversion required . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *NO
Conversion detail . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *COMMON

The copy I had in my user library had this:

Conversion required . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *YES
Conversion detail . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *FORMAT

so it was in the wrong format for my version of the OS. I put QHTTPSVR
higher in my library list so the IBM object would be grabbed. Program
created fine and executed fine.