On 12-Feb-2014 11:23 -0800, Gqcy wrote:
I am trying to use the QMHSNDPM api, but sending a message to the
history log (creating a CPF9898 text message)...

If I use *EXT instead of *HSTLOG, I do get the message to break to
my screen, but I can't get *HSTLOG to work...
D QMHSNDPM PR extpgm('QMHSNDPM')
D MessageId 7 const
D MessageFile 20 const
D MessageData 512 const options(*varsize)
D MessageDataL 9B 0 const
D MessageType 10 const
D CallStkEntry 128 const options(*varsize)
D CallStkCount 9B 0 const
D MessageKey 4 const
D ApiError 120 options(*varsize)
D* send program message
D sndpgmmsg ds
D msgid 7 inz('CPF9898')
D msgfile 20 inz('QCPFMSG QSYS ')
D msgdataL 9B 0 inz(512)
D msgtype 10 inz('*INFO ')
D msgmsgq 20 inz('*HSTLOG ')
D msgstack 9B 0 inz(1)
D msgkey 4
D msgtstmp s z
D msgdata s 512

msgtstmp = %timestamp();
msgdata = 'AUDIT: ' + @jobname +
' Top of MLT988R ' + %char(msgtstmp);
msgdataL = %len(%trim(msgdata));
QMHSNDPM (msgid:msgfile:msgdata:msgdataL:msgtype:msgmsgq:
msgstack:msgkey:apierror);

Given the special value *HSTLOG is an apparent attempt to direct the message to the message queue object QHST in QSYS [though as I recall, I had noticed that the OS may utilize incorrectly a value of QHST in *LIBL], perhaps to circumvent an apparent issue with what presumably is a supported special value, just code the value as?:
msgmsgq='QHST QSYS '