On 2/12/2014 10:31 AM, Dirk.Marien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have a - very simple - program in RPG. It reads a file, shows two values
of the file on a display file and updates the file with the values... .

Now, I'd like to show the two values on a browser, have the user
input/change the values and update them in the file.

I would like to do this by using RPG open access ? Can anyone tell me how
to do this (or how to start with it) ? A - very simple example to start
with - would be great .. .

I think that this will be difficult to do - as requested.

My vocabulary is probably wrong, but the idea is that when you run an
RPG program from a display, it 'owns' that display, and can push
anything it likes - like a panel showing a value and asking for input -
to the display.

There isn't a similar situation with the browser. That is, you can't
run an RPG program and 'own' an end user's browser. It's the other way
around. The end user clicks a link and the browser then calls the RPG
program. The RPG program then needs to read the stream of data that the
browser pushed down to the web server. The exact method of reading
depends on the HTML on the web page.

You can see that the logic is reversed. Instead of RPG controlling the
transaction, the transaction controls the RPG.

What you ask isn't impossible, but I don't think it's a 'Hello World'
project for RPG-OA. Have you seen Jon and Susan's series on RPG-OA?
http://www.ibmsystemsmag.com/ibmi/developer/rpg/Getting-a-Handle-on-RPG%E2%80%99s-Open-Access/

--buck