From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 4:38 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Sql limitation on DS array

On 05-Feb-2014 13:17 -0800, Gary Thompson wrote:
I commonly load a DS with Select or Fetch, but it seems a DS array
created from Extname has a limit as the target of an SQL statement and
the pre-compile complains with MsgId SQL0312 - why for ?

Perhaps a "for example" of some [a minimal] SQLRPGLE source that exhibits the problem, posted to code.midrange.com to include additionally the DDL and the CRTxxx specifications used [to include any parameters that might have changed defaults, as explicitly specified] would be helpful to enable a review of the failing scenario.?

I have a source coded for the scenario described in the following thread [continued to the next month] that uses EXTNAME to define a DS, but then uses a DIM() along with a LIKEDS() naming the DS defined with the EXTNAME(). No issues for -312. I did not review the thread to see if anything like I coded was posted:
http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/201310/threads.html#00433
http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/201311/threads.html#00008