Deterministic means the system doesn't have to call the function if it's
already seen the same parms.

It is not a guarantee that it won't decide to. :)

Also note that "hardly ever changes" isn't the right place to use
deterministic. Nor is a function with either "READS SQL DATA" or "MODIFIES
SQL DATA". As anything accessing a table by definition is NOT
DETERMINISTIC.

Charles