On 12/18/2013 1:44 PM, darren@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
By the way, the way I read the PTF information, you don't have to wait for
TR7 to use this. I think you can install a couple PTF's without an IPL if
I read the stuff right.

That's right. The RPG compiler changes are not physically part of TR7, they are just in an ordinary compiler PTF, SI51094 or its latest supersede.

The DB2 changes to support free-form in the SQL precompiler are also in a PTF group SF99701 level 26 that you can apply separately without having TR7 (but the PTF group does require an IPL). I don't know whether the DB2 group PTF is also physically part of TR7.