On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM, D*B <dieter.bender@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
... in this scenario without commitment controll the record
lock would be released earlier, with the update and a second
triy to update would fail anyway. Go back and think about
your design. I'm rather unsure, wether your applications are
rock solid!

It's not his design. Jeff, Buck, and probably most people on this
list do not have the luxury of designing the software to their liking.
They've (we've) inherited decades-old software used by businesses in
the real world.

Why don't you young guys not want to understand, that
programmers life would be much easier using commitment
controll???

Young or old, many of us would like to incorporate modern
improvements. And some people on this list are actively doing so, to
the extent that they can. A lot of folks really don't have the
support of their management or their executives to be able to devote
the time required to re-engineer old processes.

NO ONE on this list has said that commitment control is a bad idea!
Perhaps you are the one who doesn't want to understand the real-world
barriers faced by so many of your colleagues. Consider yourself
fortunate that you do not have the same barriers.

John