Hi Mark

Even that is not correct - there has to be a "name" after the dcl-ds - and we can use *N as a placeholder, just at we can with many CL commands.

All this is clearly stated - although not necessarily easily located - in the updated rpg reference and in the help that comes with RDi 9.0.1

I feel like there's a fair quantity to learn about this new, improved syntax - I look forward to it.

Cheers and Happy Holidays
Vern