On 06-Nov 04:40 -0800, Koester, Michael wrote:
<<SNIP>>
So I have this source member with a somewhat complex Create View
statement, running roughly 80 lines. My comment block was about 50
lines, including the updates history log structure, etc.

My RUNSQLSTM fails with a non-descript "Receiver value too small to
hold result." (MCH1210).
<<SNIP>>

The spooled joblog will give the /context/ for the failure. That message ID and its text are near meaningless by themselves without the full context of the error. Knowing the request was a CREATE VIEW preceded by many comment lines, and reducing the number of comment lines circumvents the issue is additional valuable context, but the error message context that the joblog provides is very important [though mostly to IBM dev] to identify the what\where went wrong with the SQL processing. There also was likely a QPSRVDMP and QPDSPJOB produced [maybe only the former for that message] and more information produced [somewhere; possibly also a spool file] for the -901 error the SQL produces yet even more information due to the nature of the error being /unexpected/ and /abnormal/ condition.