From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Koester, Michael
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 8:35 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: RE: Too many comments in QSQLSRC?

Hi Alan.
The spool file shows: SQL0901 50 [Record] 1 Position 1 SQL system
error.

I've been through the "split it down to bare components" routine, and it
appears to be successful with each, and it is successful with the
entirety of the CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW with a three-line header comment
block. It is only when I add several more comments that it gets pushed
over the edge and indicates a failure:
RUNSQLSTM mkoester/QSQLSRC V_PRFSPEED COMMIT(*NONE)
Receiver value too small to hold result.
SQL system error.
Ownership of object GPTFLST in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
RUNSQLSTM command failed.

Each comment line is blanks in columns 1-7, and has two hyphens in
columns 8 and 9.

-- Michael