An object (e.g. in Javascript) is actually nothing more than a
map/dictionary.

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Paul Raulerson <paul.raulerson@xxxxxxx>wrote:

Most other languages use the equivalent of data structures for objects as
well, under the covers at least.

When you instantiate an instance of an object, you are really running code
that builds the in-memory structures.

Much the way you can retrieve information about a table or record from the
sys* tables in DB2, except it makes a unique copy of the object.

Building reflection into RPG would have some pleasant results, but if you
really need it, the capabilities to do it are there. Start with the process
you would need to instantiate a new object.

Paul

Typos courtesy of my iPhone and my fat fingers!