From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Birgitta Hauser
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:02 AM
To: 'RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)'
Subject: AW: fetch cursor into DS array errors

(Embedded) SQL cannot handle data structures defined in this way, since it is NO array data structure.
But (embedded) SQL can handle array data structures defined as follows:
D job#DS DS DIM(Job#MaxC)
D Fset 2A
D SetLoc 4A
D SetDat 7S 0
D PrnNum 4A
D BatNum 3S 0
D JobNum 6S 0
D RecSta 3S 0

Additonally You'll get trouble if Job#MaxC is defined as constant and not as stand alone field.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." (Derek Bok) "What is worse than training your staff and losing them? Not training them and keeping them!"