I am a newbie at RPGLE. What I am doing is a migration conversion program from the HP to IBM for my work. I currently have the program scan for one line and change the HP command to an AS400 one. I have it working perfectly in most areas but one..

I need to scan these two lines as example:
FILE DATAIN=FEDRECD1
FILE DATAOUT=FEDSRTD

From there I need to turn those two lines into:
CPYF FROMFILE(FEDRECD1) TOFILE(QTEMP/FEDSRTD) +
CRTFILE(*YES)

I can get my output to be, using EVAL %SUBST : CPYF FROMFILE(FEDRECD1) TO FILE(QTEMP/ )+
CRTFILE(*YES)
Here is my code on scanning:
C 'FILE' SCAN SRCDTA POSIT 90
C *IN90 IFEQ '1'
C 'DATAIN' SCAN SRCDTA POSIT 90
C *IN90 IFEQ '1'
C EXSR FCO
C ELSE
C 'DATAOUT' SCAN SRCDTA POSIT 90
C *IN90 IFEQ '1'
C EXSR FCOP

My question is what can I use/do to have my program scan these two lines of code and get it into one line, or have my separate SR's talk to get DATAIN/OUT in the correct positions on one line?

Kari Zeglin
True Companies
455 North Poplar Street
Casper, Wyoming 82601